Today’s text was taken from The Watchtower “Christian families- stay awake”
This article certainly gave me some food for thought, it is amazing how many things we can let slip daily, how many mistakes we make when trying to fight our way through this world. Satan is truly out to destroy any relationship we might have with god and families today come under a huge amount of pressure.
So how do we stay awake and keep our sense? The article makes several points that will help us stay strong in this failing system of things.
Husbands – Imitate Jesus.
(1 Timothy 5:8) . . .Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith. . . A husband must provide for his families physical needs yet their spiritual needs are far more importance.
(Proverbs 24:3, 4) . . .By wisdom a household will be built up, and by discernment it will prove firmly established. And by knowledge will the interior rooms be filled with all precious and pleasant things of value.
- The way a man treats his wife is of great importance in fact poor treatment of a wife will hinder a man’s prayers to god. A christian husband will love his wife as his own flesh and examine Jesus example when dealing with his disciples.
(Ephesians 5:25) . . .Husbands, continue loving YOUR wives, just as the Christ also loved the congregation and delivered up himself for . . .
- A husband will train his children by firmly upholding bible principles, and administering discipline in a loving, patient and fair manner.
Wives – Build up your households
As wives we have a special position, not as a slave but as a helper a compliment to our husbands, this is certainly demeaning in any way and showing subjection to our husbands is vital in order to help our families stay afloat in this wicked system. The wife plays a powerful role within her family and she is wise not to abuse that role.
(Ephesians 5:22, 23) . . .Let wives be in subjection to their husbands as to the Lord, because a husband is head of his wife as the Christ also is head of the congregation. . .
- (Proverbs 14:1) 14 The truly wise woman has built up her house, but the foolish one tears it down with her own hands. A sensible woman works hard to praise her husband always finding a way to build him up and not speaking badly of him in public, her aim is to increase the respect of her family name.
(Proverbs 1:8) 8 Listen, my son, to the discipline of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother. . . A wife will help in the Family Worship program supporting her husband in the raising and the disciplining of the children. She will not undermine her husband in front of the children and show her children that she has the utmost respect for her husband.
- Manifest a quiet and mild spirit.
These are just a few of the points relating to this mornings days text, however if we are not part of a family we can still remember that as men in the congregation the way we treat women and children has a bearing on our relationship with Jehovah and as women we should always aim to show submission to the men taking the lead not promoting the spirit of independence.
Make the most of our time in Jehovah’s service we must ensure that we are reguarly:
- Reading the bible
- Meditating on the bible
- Study the bible and prepare for meetings
- Attend the meetings
- Participate in the meetings
- Preach Jehovah’s word informally and door to door